Foolhardy Wish Fulfillment

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Read two Books this weekend

Yup its official I am a Dork. I got myself a library card from the Bibliotheque Nationale (provincial library) and I am a as pleased as punch. I borrowed two books and three CDs on Saturday, I ripped my way through both books and have enjoyed the CDs.

Book summaries:

DUNE: BATTLE OF CORRIN- Seemed flat in some places, a lot of really neat stuff happened in this book I think they might have rushed it a bit. Still enjoyed it because I wanted to know how things ended/began in the Dune series.
p.s. the humans win

The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz- Duddy is really a bastard. (But still a good read)

2 Comments:

  • I never bothered to read the battle of corin. I wanted the butlerian jihad books to be good, I tried so hard to think they were. In the end, however, they didn't hold a candle to the house triology, which itself might have been awesome, but was still only shadows of the original Dune.

    I'll probably read it someday. if i can find a paperback copy of it in a gutter for the low low price of free.

    By Blogger James, at Thu Feb 02, 12:38:00 PM 2006  

  • I know. The Bulterian Jihad books are the worst of the bunch. Giving it a bit more thought I just realized that the reason Battle of Corrin is so packed with action. They were trying to cover up the lack of character devlopment by having them run around. It still is no excuse for Vorian or Erasmus though.

    You could always borrow it from a Library. Its kinda like a gutter.

    By Blogger Stuart, at Thu Feb 02, 01:04:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home