Foolhardy Wish Fulfillment

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Auditory Feast (a.k.a. Breakfast of Champions)

Wow. Last night kicked some auditory rump, and this morning I am listening to the price. I got to see Wax Mannequin and Band, how to describe? A lot of the stuff they did in their far too short of a set will be featured on the new album such titles as Warriors' Feast and another one (I think it is) called Practical Things a few other songs that I can't remember what they were called. The older songs that they played were sped up by about 10 beats per minute, and all the music just hit your entire body with pure rock power and awesomeness.

You know it was a good night when you leave the place with your ears ringing!

4 Comments:

  • Practical things... is that the robot song? Because if it is, it's awesome. I've heard a number of the new songs, but they are all relatively fresh for me. I have some sounds of wax playing live, if you're interested

    By Blogger James, at Thu Mar 09, 12:14:00 PM 2006  

  • The one about Robots I think is called Robots and Ladys. I am not sure about that though. I would be very interested in the live sounds of wax, except I have nothing to store them on.

    By Blogger Stuart, at Thu Mar 09, 12:46:00 PM 2006  

  • I have been meaning to ask how did you come across wax. I mean I get home from 1st year university and you spring him on me at that show at the Grey Granite Club

    By Blogger Stuart, at Thu Mar 09, 01:49:00 PM 2006  

  • Leslie randomly ran across "The Tiles" on the internet.
    We listened to it about eight times when we went to go pick up Candice at the air port.
    Then we went to the last drop in london, got kicked out for being underage, but not before purchasing wax albums.
    Then we invited him to play.

    By Blogger James, at Sat Mar 11, 01:35:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home