Foolhardy Wish Fulfillment

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Dream state

Before I woke up this morning I had a weird dream. Not that it was overly fantastic or brought a sense of euphoria. It was just strange. Two of my brothers got into a heated yell fest over the tiniest most ridiculous non-point imaginable. It was so insignificant I can't even remember what it was. But what makes the dream so strange is that their reaction in the dream was exactly what would happen. The dream versions of my brothers reacted like a distillation of every single one of their fights I had ever seen. It was spooky in how real it seemed. There was no sense of surprise on my part, it was just typical behaviour, it even managed to dredge up the same emotions I get every time I see them go at each other over such trivial things. The absurdity, the waste, the feeling of disgust at the idea that I am related to two people that could spend so much time fighting over non-issues, things as trivial as a pair of socks or moving a chair six inches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home