Foolhardy Wish Fulfillment

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Live From Montreal.

Two things

1) This morning I finally won a singles match against one of the French Canadians.

2) Here in lies the tale of my first public performance with a guitar.

Last night I went to an open mic at a bar in Montreal with a friend of mine. She plays the guitar and sings very well. I took the opportunity to listen to her one more time before I leave. But something strange came over me. I had a pick in my pocket. And one of the acts was terrible. All of a sudden the urge to go up and give 'er became overwhelming (probably the beer that did that). Shortly there afterwards I am sitting on the stage with my friend's guitar in my hands. I played one song. I got nervous just before I started, the beginning is a little rough but I am not familiar with this guitar so I don't let it worry me, and once started the playing got better. I also found it very strange hearing myself sing through the pick up. With only a few small gaffes I make it through the song (again I think the beer had something to do with it). I wasn't booed off the stage, I managed to get some applause and a drunk asked me if I knew any AC/DC.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home